The last century has seen sports develop from an amateur pastime to a professional industry that is still expanding. The amount of investment in sports and related media reflects not only the perceived value of sports at its different levels and the returns it can bring, but it also means that those buying, selling, sponsoring, funding and managing rights, teams, facilities, and players need to be more confident than ever that their interests are adequately protected. The interrelationship between sports and constantly developing media adds to the opportunities - but also the potential pitfalls for those who are unaware of the risks.
AstapovLawyers’ core advisory areas are:
• Marketing and sponsorship
• TV rights and the marketing thereof;
• Corporate transactions in the Sport-Media-Entertainment sector
• Financing and tax concepts for sport and entertainment projects
• Infrastructure projects in the sport and entertainment sector, stadium construction
• Corporate law structuring, questions regarding law of associations
• Questions regarding trade mark and copyright law, media law
• National and international transfer of players
• Advice regarding sport management
• Antitrust and competition law
• Sport arbitration and general litigation
Our principal sports clients include investors, media organizations, rights holders, clubs, governing bodies, manufacturers and developers.
AstapovLawyers is a long-term official legal partner of the Ukrainian Fencing Federation.