Energy and Resources is one of the major focus areas for our company. AstapovLawyers have been actively involved in the development of the new energy markets in the CIS countries which rapidly emerged from privatization of state energy monopolies and the introduction of new regulatory regimes in Ukrainian oil, gas, electric power, mining, and water supply sectors.
Our assistance extends to all aspects of our clients' activities including procurement of exploration and extraction permits, advising on concessions projects, drafting and negotiating procurement and product-sharing agreements, reviewing compliance obligations, environmental protection clauses, labor, construction, land, foreign exchange and other laws.
Energy and Resources is one of the driving forces behind the largest capital flows into Ukraine and we are proud to participate and contribute our efforts and knowledge to this expansion. With our international team of experienced professionals and our advanced service standards, AstapovLawyers can and does fully utilize this experience to provide tailor-made support and practical solutions to its clients.
In consideration of our devoted service and professionalism in the sector our Managing Partner, Andrey Astapov, has been appointed an adviser to the Minister of Natural Resources of Ukraine with special emphasis on energy matters. Our senior lawyers are members of various professional and governmental advisory boards in Ukraine and the Russian Federation, which gives us an edge in keeping up with the latest developments and policies in the field.
Our services among others include:
• Negotiating acquisitions and divestitures of oil and gas properties and facilities, farm-out agreements
• Joint operating, operating agreements, royalty agreements and participation agreements, contribution, line well, property tax
• Governmental relations support in licensing issues
• Drafting of licensing agreements, production sharing agreements, as well as contractor and subcontractor service agreements
• Due diligence and transaction structuring
• Corporate finance services in the oil and gas industry such as syndicated lending, pre-export and trade finance operations, and structured and project finance
• Tax structuring of onshore and offshore exploration operations and drilling contracts, royalties, and VAT
• Transaction support including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and joint production agreements
• Assistance in all areas and types of leasing
• Environmental issues
• Surface rights work and land allotment
• Dispute resolution and energy litigation